Splitting budgets or reassigning categories

Hello,

I have been struggling a bit while setting up my account. I would like to change and split up existing categories.

Automaticly assigning transactions seems to be one of Zupers strongest features and it is really precise, so it seems unnecessary to manually re-create existing categories. However, I want to split up existing budgets further and reassign custom categories for different budgets.
For example, I really want to split the budget for living expenses into smaller budgets for groceries, household stuff, phone contract etc. I see why putting them into one budget creates a cleaner look, but noticing and managing the difference between those budgets (and adjusting my expenses accordingly :wink: ) is my whole point of using a financial tracker.

Have I been overlooking something or is there a work-around that lets me use existing categories without having to manually assign every budget and category involved? My guess is that it would be much more practical to continue letting the app assign categories for me instead of teaching it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for this handy and playful app to help me/us making our lives easier. :slight_smile:

Hello @Meownaa,

welcome to the Zuper community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s a good question! At the moment we’re thinking about if/how we would implement something like this. We are actually a bit worried if too many options and customisations could in the long term affect the usability of the app.

You can create custom categories though. I don’t know if you have seen it yet, but for example you can create them when you go into the settings > Zuper account > custom categories.

In this way you could create a budget for groceries, household stuff, etc.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have further questions or suggestions.

Elisabeth